Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My conviction

I was reading in the book of Isaiah and a verse really stuck out at me. Before I write about my convictions I am going to state that Im not the kind of person that is going to pretend like I know what something means when I don't really know the meaning. So in writing this I am just stating my convictions and what I felt when reading in Gods word. Anyhoot I was reading Isaiah chp.31 verse 1 Woe to those who go down t Egypt for help, and rely on horses and trust in chariots because they are many and horesman because they are very strong, but do not look to the holy one of Isreal, nor seek the Lord. While reading this I was translating in my mind exactly what God was speaking to me. Because I have been going through some health issues I just really feel like God was telling me to trust in him for my health and healing (i am not discrediting docters, I totally feel that people should go to the docter. but ultimatly we have to trust God) it is so easy to get wrapped up in only trusting the medical world( rely on horsed and trust in chariots) there are so many docters and they have came a long way in knowledge ( because they are many and horesman because they are strong) even though they are very smart they are not the healer/deliver ( but do not look to the holy one of Isreal nor seek the Lord)
I am not sure If I am interpating this verse right if i am not feel free to correct me by leaving a comment (please don't correct my spelling errors I know there are many LOL) This could apply to anyone what is it that you are seeking that is of the world instead of seeking God for? Finances, healing, counseling.

1 comment:

  1. Cass~ How funny I have this same thought today while listening to the radio - just that I'm hoping the drs will have some answers to get me pregnant instead of totally relying on God. And yes you nailed this scripture on the head! I know a song about this scripture. Remind me tonight and I sing it to you. Love you lots friend!

    ReplyDelete