Thursday, October 4, 2012

Faith that can move a mountain

After all my morning CHAOS I found time to do my bible study, On our Knees. I am reading about Faith. Just thought I would share a couple verses and thoughts:
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

I am just going to dissect this verse a little, The first part (but without faith it is impossible to please God) first off I thought I would never hear the words IMPOSSIBLE and GOD in the same sentence. Doesn't it sound strange? But with out faith there can be NO prayer, no matter how great our helplessness may be.
The second part (for he who comes to God must believe that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him) We must diligently seek God, in other words bug him over and over! Keep knocking on his door daily, hourly. It's not very diligent if we pray about something and then don't pray about it until the following week. I am guilty of this myself, only to be left wondering why my prayer wasn't answered. But here is this wonderful verse that God has supplied us with, he must of known we would need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment